Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Night

Friday night finds us making homemade pizza, dressing princess dolls, playing video games, waiting for Daddy to get home, and keeping an ear on the first of the presidential debates. With two responsible teenagers in the house, you would think I would be able to occasionally make a break for it on a weekend night. But it is not to be. Alisa is working late tonight and Mitch is at a party. And honestly, I really can't think of anywhere I would rather be than home relaxing with my kiddos tonight. Miss Livvi Grace is bathed and nightgowned in her silky Cinderella nightie with her messy little pony tail all damp and curly, Audrey has a big road rash owie on her arm that needs kissing and admiring, and my little men are all wrapped up in a video game, and can stay up as late as they want tonight. No homework to hurry through, no bedtime to enforce, and no pressing early-morning engagements that need to be worried about tonight. Just time to let our hair down and kick back together. And in a little bit, we are going to try the chocolate crock pot cake I experimented with tonight. The recipe was intriguing enough to try, but based on my first sneaky taste, I don't think it is going to beat out the all time family favorite, Grandma Paulson's homemade chocolate cake with chocolate coffee frosting. We'll see though. At the very least, it sure did make the house smell delectable for the six hours it was baking and bubbling in the crock pot.

No comments: