Monday, December 31, 2012

A May- December Romance Part 1

This can't really be called a year in review because we didn't get our camera til May. And it's not even really a review, because some of these pictures never made the cut the first time around.  But they are some of my favorite moments of the year, of some of my favorite people, and I am currently having a love affair with them, (the pictures not the people, SILLY!) as we start the final countdown of 2012.

These three are the first pictures I took with my new camera on Mother's Day.  I picked epic subjects, did I not?   I especially love the hole in Will's sock, and Duncan picking his nose.


And this is my girl on the morning of her seventh birthday.

The birth of a new tradition: decorating your own birthday cake.  It was a hit.  Can you just see the future Cake Boss in there?
Will's last orchestra concert of 8th grade. Little did we know at the time he would not be playing in 9th grade, at least for the first semester. That may be about to change though...
Audrey had a blast in sixth grade, studying Greek mythology and having a toga day, and then making Egyptian masks. Hard to believe she was in elementary school THIS YEAR. Junior high is such a jump.
We all got a great deal of entertainment value out of this little squirrel who lives in my parents back yard. He is still there, and much bigger now. He showed up on my Dad's birthday.  We have big plans for this squirrel next summer.  I predict he will be eating out of our hands by August.  Either that, or one of us will have rabies from trying.
And then, there were all the cousin moments of the summer.


Is my mother shrinking?  Oh wait, no, she is just surrounded by her extra-large nephews, Spencer on the left, who got back from mission not too long ago, and his "little" brother Max, who I believe is 14 in this picture.  Can you believe that?  14!
This was our attempt at creative pancaking.  That pancake is supposed to say RFF, for Rachel Faith Featherstone.  My nieces are pretty easily impressed sometimes.
And there is Rebecca's RJF.  Yes, I know my nieces middle names.  I think that makes me a pretty rockin auntie.
Oh, we are a fine fine bunch of Fabulous Featherstones.
 Yes, we are.

We found out at the Syracuse Days parade that Uncle Sam has a cell phone, just in case you need to call him for a patriotic emergency or something.

And we went swimming exactly once.
But we did get to sit on our front lawn and watch fireworks, which is very cool.

And Will got this awesome hat at the fourth of July parade.
The boys are achieved equality this year, in one important area.  I'm sure this has changed by now though.  Will MIGHT be a little taller than Mitch now. 


Ah, Bear Lake. This needs to be a yearly tradition. 
.
Grandpa and his tractor and a load of growing grandkids.  Lots of good memories there.
Wish I looked that cute in the dentist chair. I spent way more time there than Olivia did, but I'm pretty sure I didn't look anywhere near as cool. 


Grandma's birthday was a hit.

And that brings us to the end of August, halfway through our sentimental journey, and leaves me longing for summer.   Now we are off to make a dent in the holiday destruction we have wreaked on our house and then we will be up for some more partying for the New Year tonight.

No comments: