Friday, November 9, 2012

How Did They Ever Survive Without Me?

 While I was off gallivanting in Haiti all week, the fam was home  holding down the fort, and doing a splendid job of it too. Turns out that contrary to my beliefs, they CAN survive without me. Halloween came and went just fine without me, as well as two Halloween concerts, (Olivia and Duncan) and a birthday ( Dan, and yes, he is old now.)

Audrey went with the classic vampire costume this year.  If I had been here, I would have taken at least 40 more pictures, but I guess I should be counting my blessings that SOMEBODY thought to snap at least a few.
And my little princess...

This was the first year that Olivia went trick or treating with friends.  Here are two of her little buddies, Josie and Lili.  From all reports, it was a fine Halloween.  For my part, I was really sad to miss all the festivities, and I'm already planning on doing it up big next year to make up for it.  Haitians don't really celebrate Halloween.  We celebrated the Day of the Dead the day after Halloween.  When I get my pictures, I'll have to post about that.  That was quite the party.  A voodoo party no less.

Then a couple days later, Audrey made her dad a birthday cake to celebrate his birthday.  They even had presents for him.  You can't tell from this picture, but Will's contribution to the party was to suggest that the frosting on the pink cake be lavender.  It was quite the delicate looking little cake for an old guy's birthday.
It's odd to think that while they were singing Happy Birthday and blowing out candles, I was somewhere in the air between NYC and home.   It's been nice to be home, and back to being in charge of all these crazies around here.

No comments: