Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Post-Mickey

My post-vacation week.  Welcome home.

Sunday- piles and piles of laundry and unpacking. Drive to Logan to fix Alisa's brakes for her.

Monday-drive to Logan to work. Come home late to more laundry and three depressed children who have been bombarded with homework and missing assignments.

Tuesday- drive to Bountiful to work.  Grandma dies. Dan gets sick.  Help kids with homework.

Wednesday- drive to Logan to work on the house.  It still stinks.  We need new carpet.  Yet more homework to do for the kids.

Thursday-drive to Bountiful to work.  Mitch wrecks his car while on a delivery and nearly loses his job.  Drive to Ogden to pick him up,where he is stranded after the accident.. Both of us have nervous breakdowns in the car. Stay up late again helping with homework.

Friday-drive to Bountiful to work. Dan has pneumonia.  Olivia's teacher requests a conference with me.

Saturday-drive to Lehi for funeral.  Dan leaves early to work in Logan. Stop at Mom and Dad's on the way home to load up the rest of Alisa's things from their house.  Get stuck in 3 different traffic jams on the way home.  I've had enough driving.

That's the first week, but wait there's more.

Sunday- drive to Logan to work on the house. Yeah I know, Sabbath day and all.  My ox is in the mire, okay?  Start ripping out carpet and realize it's not the carpet that stinks, not the pad, but the floor.  Oh joy.

Monday-  drive to Lehi to pick up some of Grandma's furniture for Alisa, then back up to Logan.  More carpet ripping and shower painting.  Fortunately my dad saves the day and comes with me.  Deliver furniture to Alisa. Deliver what she doesn't want to my house.  Drive to Mom and Dad's to pick up kids, who grandma graciously picked up after school.

Tuesday- I got to stay home  and clean up my own house and it felt like a vacation.  Until it was time to drive to Dan's work, then drive to Jordan Commons for a movie..... I really don't want to drive anymore. Ever. Anywhere.  I just want to stay home and be a hermit-like June Cleaver for a few weeks.  Instead, I am going to start getting ready to leave for Haiti in 22 days.  But at least I won't have to drive while I'm there.

No comments: