Saturday, October 13, 2012

Spending Saturday

 Okay, so summer is definitely gone.  No sunshine in my life today. Today was cold and rainy and windy.  Blah. Today was also another trip to Logan for Dan and me.  Lucky us though, my folks picked us up in their car, drove us there, helped us fix up the shower and hang some blinds, AND bought us lunch. And THEN, they invited us to dinner tomorrow.   Do I have amazing parents or what?   They have helped us out so much lately, I just don't know where we would be without them.  We are very blessed.

And, we are SO CLOSE to having that stupid house ready to rent again.  Now if we can only find some nice, quiet, normal renters, preferably some without flying squirrels.   Not sure that any of those types even exist, but we will keep looking.

While we were doing all that, some of our kids were busy  too.  And some of them were just bums. Here is a rundown of their Saturday.

AUDREY woke up early today and went over to her school's 5K fundraiser.  She didn't run the whole distance.  She didn't win the raffle of a Kindle.  But she did get a t-shirt, and she did have fun, so yay her. Then she came home and cleaned her room, double yay.

OLIVIA, poor Olivia.  I promised her we would go to a pumpkin patch today and get pumpkins. But then I had to go to Logan.  I considered taking her with me to Logan to make that happen. Then I didn't take her to Logan, and I didn't get back in time to get to the pumpkins today.  Poor sad Olivia.  No pumpkins today.  All she did today was clean her room, watch movies and hang out with Audrey.  I am a bad mommy.

WILL spent most of the day watching Star Trek and who knows what else at a friends house.  But hey, at least he was out of the house, right?

DUNCAN seems to have picked up the cold that sidelined me for much of last week, and Dan for much of the week before that.  He is coughing and congested, and if history repeats itself, he will be wiped out for about the next five days.  I am making him take it easy, in the hopes that he can avoid the worst of it.  Making him take it easy is not that hard of a job.  He really has no objections to taking it easy.

MITCH went to Logan today as well, unbeknownst to us until this evening.  His high school celebrated their 10th anniversary this year and threw a party.  I have yet to hear how it went, but he got to drive his new car up there, and I'm sure that made him happy.

ALISA spent the day working her little fingers to the bone.  She works doubles every Saturday, which means she will put  in about 12 hours today by the time all is said and done.  She hates it, and I hate it for her, but such is the life of a college student.  Work hard now, hopefully enjoy life that much more later.  Having your graduation date on the calendar only makes it seem that much longer though....

No comments: